Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Doodlebug's Cream & Sugar - Part One

Welcome to Part One of my newest 6x6 Series.

It is so hard to resist buying Doodlebug Designs 6x6 paper pads. They make such cute stuff! So, I decided to use my 6x6 Paper Pad Tutorial with the Cream & Sugar collection. The paper pad has a great mix of pattern and tone-on-tone papers, which is great when doing my tutorial.

When I'm getting ready to start a 6x6 paper pad, I usually have a few sketches I plan on using. But after 3 or 4 sketches, I just take it one sketch at a time. It's too hard to completely plan out my cards since I won't know what size paper scraps I will have left.

I really wanted to try this sketch from Mojo Monday since I knew the fun Doodlepop stickers would work perfectly with it. Most sketch sites do not provide measurements, so I simply figure them out for an A2 size card. Go HERE to see how I figure out measurements.



I made 2 cards using this sketch.


Sketch - Mojo Monday #470
Stamp - Lil Inker Designs
Doodlepops - Doodlebug
Circle die cuts - Spellbinders
Ink - Memento

Some of my favorite and commonly used crafting tools:
Tonic Studios guillotine paper trimmer
Scotch ATG (Advanced Tape Glider) glue gun
Sizzix BIGkick die cut machine
We R Memory Keepers brad setter and piercing tool
We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper
Scotch Mounting Tape 3/4"
Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive liquid glue
MISTI stamping tool
Accent Opaque Digital 100# cover weight paper for card bases
Tombow Xtreme Tabs

Thanks for visiting my blog today!


*Card sketch image used with permission from Mojo Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my! What a sweet card and cute paper pack! I will be putting that one on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it, Heidi! It's super cute!

      Delete
  2. I'll be keeping a close eye on this series! I purchased the SSS card kit that features this paper and then bought another 6 x 6 pad because it is just so cute! Love your designs, Kristie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristi! I agree, the paper is darling! But Doodlebug paper always is. :)

      Delete
  3. You really do a great job taking what I would consider "difficult" sketches and turning them into great cards! And those smiling coffee beans are hilarious! So happy to have another 6x6 tutorial to watch, especially showcasing doodlebug paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Jennifer! Sometimes I just prefer the sketches with more elements, especially for the first cards of the paper pad. I definitely have a weakness for Doodlebug papers, but I try to use other brands once in a while. There's a cute zoo themed collection from Doodlebug coming out the end of March/early April. I've already pre-ordered it!

      Delete
    2. I know--Doodlebug is amazing. I promised myself I would use the ones I have before I buy anymore. I am a little obsessed!

      Delete
    3. I make no such promises to myself. Lol!

      Delete