Saturday, March 4, 2017

Carta Bella's Flora No. 1 - 6x6 cards

Over the past 6 months, I have been sending out Kindness cards. These are cards with friendly or uplifting sentiments. I send them to random people and many times anonymously. There are so many different stamp companies that have awesome Kindness stamp sets available now. I've purchased quite a few fun sets and thought it would be fun to use my 6x6 Paper Pad Tutorial and make all Kindness cards. Since I generally give cards to females, the Flora No.1 collection from Carta Bella was perfect. Lots of feminine colors and pretty flowers. I made a total of 33 cards.


I recorded the entire 6x6 process. The video is sped up 9 times. The actual card-making time was around 6 hours, not including any die cutting time. And since I get many requests to make videos of single cards, I created a separate video for each sketch used. Go HERE to see the first video in the series.


I used 5 sheets of 12" x 12" solid cardstock and 16 sheets of 8 1/2" x 11" solid cardstock along with the 6x6 paper pad. Here are all the scraps leftover.


Here are the pictures of the cards I made, including sketches and measurements. Operation Write Home sketches are the only ones that already provide measurements. For all the other sketches, I simply figure the measurements out on my own, for what works for me. All of my cards are A2 size. Go HERE to see my video explaining how I determine card sketch measurements. All cards are made using Carta Bella's Flora No.1 6x6 paper pad. 




Sketch - My Favorite Things #180
Stamp - Hero Arts
Button die cut - Memory Box
Ink - Memento
Brads - The Eyelet Outlet
Embroider floss - DMC



Stamp - My Favorite Things
Background stitched die cut - Lil Inker Designs
Flower die cuts - My Favorite Things
Ink - Memento



Stamp - Technique Tuesday
Circle die cuts - Spellbinders
Border die cut - My Favorite Things
Ink - Memento



Stamp - My Favorite Things
Flower die cuts - My Favorite Things
Ink - Memento
Bling - The Paper Studio





Sketch - Mojo Monday #443
Stamp - Honey Bee Stamps
Star die cuts - Paper Smooches
Embossing folder - Cuddlebug
Ink - Memento
Glossy Accents




Stamp - My Favorite Things
Sentiment die cut - My Favorite Things
Embossing folder - Darice
Flower die cut - My Favorite Things
Ink - Memento
Wink of Stella glitter pen



Sketch - Mojo Monday #469
Stamp - Lil Inker Designs
Sentiment die cut - Lil Inker Designs
Circle die cut - Spellbinders
Small banner die cut - American Crafts
Embossing folder - Darice
Ink - Memento



Stamp - Technique Tuesday
Circle die cuts - Spellbinders
Banner die cut - American Crafts
Ribbon - May Arts
Ink - Memento

Some of my favorite and commonly used crafting tools:
Tonic Studios guillotine paper trimmer
Scotch ATG (Advanced Tape Glider) glue gun
Sizzix BIGkick die cut machine
We R Memory Keepers brad setter and piercing tool
We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper
Scotch Mounting Tape 3/4"
Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive liquid glue
MISTI stamping tool
Accent Opaque Digital 100# cover weight paper for card bases
Tombow Xtreme Tabs

Thanks for visiting my blog today!


*All card sketch images used with permission.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for all your work on posting these videos and posts. I am hoping to use this to make some encouragement cards for a card ministry I try to help. Thanks for all the inspiration and the measurements. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Stephanie. I'm always glad to help out a fellow crafter. Thank you for your dedicated time to help others. A little kindness goes a long way. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm always amazed at these videos. You're a rock star! I'm also inspired that you've continued to "crank 'em out" since the OWH days. I too, try to send inspiration thru the mail. I know how wonderful it feels to receive happy mail. My "volume" however, is not what it was. Keep on crafting girlfriend... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy! I miss all my OWH friends! I'm not sure I'm really cranking out videos. Lol! But since people seem to enjoy my 6x6 tutorial still, I try to do a few videos every year at least. Happy crafting days to you!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for your videos Kristie, they are so inspirational, I love to watch and craft along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy crafting to you!

      Delete
  4. I am now totally obsessed with the MFT WSC sketch 180. :-) I made many cards, using different papers and just slight alterations, and they are all so different! Thanks for sharing another great video!!! I also made about 14 cards with half a 6 x 6 pad. I seem to get a little tired of the same pad about half way through. But the good thing is, I can revisit it with fresh eyes sometime down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used it several times and it is super fun. Awesome job using up half the paper pad. If the 6x6 is more than 24 sheets, I also get tired of it. That's why I generally stick to my favorite paper brands. Doodlebug, Echo Park, and Carta Bella.

      Delete
    2. Glad i am not the only one! 24 sheets is the max.!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE your videos! Thank you for the inspiration. I have a question though...It looks like you use some regular 8 1/2x11 or 12x12 paper along with your 6x6 pad. How do you decide on the colors and how many do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I can provide some inspiration for you. Yes, I use both sizes of solid colored cardstock along with the 6x6 paper pad. When I'm getting ready to use a new paper pad, I always look thru my stash of cardstock for coordinating colors first. But if I don't find matching colors, then I'll buy some from my local craft store. I prefer to use 12 x 12 size, but I always use 8 1/2 x 11 for black since I buy the packs of it from Michaels. I just try to choose a few colors that coordinate well with the paper pad, and usually have at least 4-6 sheets of each color so I'll have some variety while I'm disappearing the 6x6. Although if I'm planning on using only one color for matting/layering, I'll try to have at least 15-20 sheets of that color.

      Delete