Saturday, February 25, 2017

Carta Bella's Flora No. 1 - Part Four

Welcome to the fourth post in my latest 6x6 Series. I am using Carta Bella's Flora No.1 6x6 paper to make all Kindness cards. If you are new to my 6x6 Paper Pad Tutorial, check it out HERE.

While recording my 6x6 process, I also decided to make separate videos of each sketch used. At the end of 6x6 series, I will post the full sped up version of the tutorial.


I used a sketch from Operation Write Home this time. Measurements are provided with all Operation Home sketches for A2 size cards.





I made 4 cards using this sketch.


Stamp - My Favorite Things
Flower die cuts - My Favorite Things
Ink - Memento
Bling - The Paper Studio

Some of my favorite and commonly used crafting tools:
Tonic Studios guillotine paper trimmer
Scotch ATG (Advanced Tape Glider) glue gun
Sizzix BIGkick die cut machine
We R Memory Keepers brad setter and piercing tool
We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper
Scotch Mounting Tape 3/4"
Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive liquid glue
MISTI stamping tool
Accent Opaque Digital 100# cover weight paper for card bases
Tombow Xtreme Tabs

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

10 comments:

  1. am rally loving this series, but I have a question. Is this a new carta bella pad, as I can't find it in the uk?
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Tracey.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracey! Yes, it is a brand new 6x6 from Carta Bella called Flora No. 1. It was just released a few weeks ago in the United States, so hopefully it won't be too long before arriving in the UK. It really is a pretty paper pad.

      Delete
  2. These cards are gorgeous. Will definitely be giving this sketch a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caroline! This has always been one of my favorite sketches.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Kristie
    I'll keep a look out for it, it's such beautiful paper. Would love to set you a challenge to see what you can do with a particular paper pad. I am struggling with a craftwork cards pad called venetian. I love the colours but I don't know what to do with it to do it justice and would love to see your interpretation and inspiration.
    Tracey.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of Craftwork Cards before. But after looking it up online, I don't think it's available in the United States. It's also an 8x8 size, which I have never used. But you can still use the same concept of my tutorial. Of course, you will definitely be able to make more cards using an 8x8 paper pad.

      Delete
  4. This video was at a good speed....some are so fast they make me dizzy. What size is your paper cutter? Is it accurate? Thanks for sharing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know the fast speed is a bit much for some people. My paper cutter is 6", but it can expand to 12". It is very accurate and never needs replacement blades. I've had it for over 5 years and I love it!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love what you do with the 6x6 pads. I'm a new subscriber and think it would be interesting to watch a video from you using your top favorite sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evelyn! Using my favorite sketches would be fun. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete