Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Still a Favorite Sketch - OWH #123

Do you have a favorite/go-to sketch that you use often? Mine is Operation Write Home's sketch #123. It's perfect for highlighting some amazing patterned paper and adding a simple sentiment paired with a die cut or image. I made 4 cards using the sketch and different Doodlebug papers.





Paper - Doodlebug - Fun in the Sun collection
Stamp - Reverse Confetti
Flower die cuts - Lil Inker Designs
Ink - Versafine
Brads - The Eyelet Outlet


Some of my favorite and commonly used crafting tools:
Tonic Studios guillotine paper trimmer
Scotch ATG (Advanced Tape Glider) glue gun
Sizzix BIGkick die cut machine
We R Memory Keepers brad setter and piercing tool
We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper
Scotch Mounting Tape 3/4"
Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive liquid glue
MISTI stamping tool
Accent Opaque Digital 100# cover weight paper for card bases

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

7 comments:

  1. Nice cards! I know you love this sketch, and I can see why with these examples. You did a great job with the papers and sentiment. I like how you change out the heart/embellishment to fit your paper choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! I would actually use this sketch all the time, but I know people like to see some variety. :)

      Delete
  2. YES! This is one of my all time favorite sketches as well! I have used it many times. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth! I have a feeling this sketch is loved by quite a few card-makers. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the measurements. When you make the mat for the paper, how much larger do cut it than the paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to share measurements! Generally I add 1/8" for matting unless I want a thicker mat, then I'll add 1/4". This set of cards has 1/8" mats.

      Delete
    2. Wow! That was a fast response! Thank you!

      The matting makes it look so professional. Many times I think my mat is too big. I will try 1/8". Thank you

      Delete