Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Authentique's Durable 6x6 cards

Sometimes I just don't have very many masculine cards in my stash. Probably because it's so fun to make pink, sparkly girlie cards. So I decided to get to work on some masculine cards. I used Authentique's Durable 6x6 paper pad and my 6x6 Paper Pad Tutorial to make 31 cards.


I decided to turn on the camera again while I disappeared the 6x6 paper pad. The video is sped up 10 times. The real time was just over 7 hours; not including die cutting time.




I used 12 sheets of 12" x 12" and 14 sheets of 8 1/2" x 11" solid cardstock. Here are all the leftover scraps from the paper pad.


Here are the pictures of the cards I made, including sketches and measurements. Operation Write Home sketches are the only ones that already provide measurements. For all the other sketches, I simply figure the measurements out on my own, for what works for me. Go HERE to see my video explaining how I determine card sketch measurements. All cards are made using Authentique's Durable 6x6 paper pad. 



Sketch - i (heart) sketches #92, Stamp - Deep Red cling stamps, Ink - Memento and Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Bling - from stash



Sketch - Mojo Monday #440, Stamp - Reverse Confetti, Circle die cuts - Spellbinders, Ink - Memento and Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Brads - from stash




Sketch - Operation Write Home #49, Barn stamp - Inkadinkado, Lighthouse stamp - Impression Obsession Inc., Sentiment stamp - Avery Elle, Banner die cuts - American Crafts and Paper Smooches, Ink - Versafine and Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Brads - The Eyelet Outlet



Sketch - i (heart) sketches #141, Truck stamp - Deep Red cling stamps, Sentiment stamp - Reverse Confetti, Circle die cuts - Lawn Fawn and Spellbinders, Star die cuts - Paper Smooches, Ink - Memento



Sketch - Reverse Confetti #36, Sentiment stamp - The Stamps of Life, Ink - Memento, Brads - from stash



Sketch - i(heart) sketches #68, Sentiment stamp - Reverse Confetti, Border die cut - My Favorite Things, Circle die cuts - Spellbinders, Embossing folder - Lifestyle Crafts, Ink - Versafine, Pearl pen - Viva Decor



Sketch - My Favorite Things #259, Sentiment stamp - Stampendous, Epoxy bling - Doodlebug and Michaels, Ink - Memento




Sketch - Reverse Confetti #34, Lighthouse stamp - Impression Obsession, Train stamp - Deep Red cling stamps, Ink - Versafine and Tim Holtz Distress ink, Circle die cuts - Lawn Fawn



Sketch - Operation Write Home #6, Sentiment stamps - Reverse Confetti, Embossing folder - Sheena Douglass,  Ink - Memento, Banner die cut - American Crafts, Brads - from stash.



Sketch - Operation Write Home #154, Sentiment stamp - Simon Says Stamp, Circle die cuts - Spellbinders, Embossing folder - Lifestyle Crafts, Ink - Memento and Versafine, Brads - from stash.

Some of my favorite and commonly used crafting tools:
Tonic Studios guillotine paper trimmer
Scotch ATG (Advanced Tape Glider) glue gun
Sizzix BIGkick die cut machine
We R Memory Keepers brad setter and piercing tool
We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper
Scotch Mounting Tape 3/4"
Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive liquid glue
MISTI stamping tool

Thanks for visiting my blog today!


*All card sketch images used with permission.

16 comments:

  1. I admire and drool over your post every. single. time. you post these paper pad collections of cards! I have only used up one 6x6 paper pad all for cards but you inspire me to do it more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth! I am definitely addicted to 6x6's and making cards. I'm glad I can provide some inspiration for you.

      Delete
  2. I love your paper pad videos. I'm always waiting for the next one. Keep up hype great videos. And... Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherrie! The videos are a lot of work to make, but fun. I have plans for more in the future.

      Delete
  3. Now where to find that paper pad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could watch you disappear a 6x6 pad everyday!! Love these cards and sketches...I have a paper pad I have had forever and don't know how to use it...this might help a lot. Keep disappearing those 6x6 paper pads!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! I love 6x6's, so you know I'll keep using them to make more cards.

      Delete
  5. I love disappearing an entire pad! I have gotten through a few lately and there's nothing more satisfying than using something up completely.
    Am I right in thinking that you were using the stamp positioner to restamp the images darker? If so, that seems like a really good use for that tool. I never seem to get a great stamped image but it's so hard to line the image up again by eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's so satisfying to completely use up a 6x6 paper. Then I don't feel so guilty when I purchase a new one. :)
      Yes, I bought the MISTI for that exact reason. I have some silhouette stamps and wider sentiment stamps that don't always stamp very solid. Now, I can just reink them and stamp again in the exact same spot. Perfect!

      Delete
  6. Love your videos. I just disappeared a 6x6 pad (Under the Sea as a matter of fact!) and made 25 cards. In truth, I have about 1/2 page left but it will be easy to match to something else. So much fun! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! Awesome job on disappearing a 6x6! I love that Doodlebug collection! Or any Doodlebug collection. :)

      Delete
  7. I enjoy watching your video. Thanks for the new one. Keep up the great teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just discovered you, hurray, I am going to try this this weekend while my husband hunts. You make it look so easy. Thanks for sharing 11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog, Karen. I'm glad I could provide some inspiration for you. Happy crafting while your husband is away. :)

      Delete