Thursday, February 4, 2016

6x6 Blog Post Series - Part Six

Welcome to the sixth post of my 6x6 Series. I'm using one 6x6 paper pad to make cards and won't stop until it's all gone. If you're new to my 6x6 Paper Pad Tutorial, check it out HERE.

I did not use a sketch for my cards today. I am a HUGE fan of all the new stitched quilt die cuts. They are a little time consuming, but so easy to use. And the end results always look so amazing. The technique I like to use is cutting out the quilt frame (the black piece on my cards) and then applying Scor-Tape on the back side. The front side of the frame then has the sticky tape exposed. Then I just piece the quilt back together. I also tend to use 3 different papers for my quilts, so I can make 3 slightly different cards.

I made 2 of each design using the quilt die cut.




Paper - Lily Bee Design
Quilt die cut - Gina Marie Design Dies
Stamp - Paper Smooches
Star die cuts - Lawn Fawn
Ink - Verafine
Glossy Accents

Here's a close up of the sentiment. I used Glossy Accents on the stars and added small dots around the sentiment.


The current card total is 23 cards.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

*Card sketch image used with permission.

4 comments:

  1. Kristie,
    You have done it again. These cards are totally fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you purchase these quilt dies? I can't find them. PS--I love you 6x6 pattern ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vicki. This quilt die cut is from Gina Marie Design Dies. Here is the direct link to purchase it. http://wholesalecraftingsupplies.com/products/preorder-quilt-stitched-4x4-panel-die-1-gina-marie-designs I have also bought a few quilt dies from My Favorite Things. (They are definitely fun to use.)

      Delete