Saturday, August 8, 2015

Figuring out measurements for a card sketch

A question that I am asked often, is how do I figure out the measurements from a card sketch that doesn't already include measurements. And though, I really do just eye ball them, I thought I'd make a video showing how I do it. Just remember, sketches are just a starting point. It's okay to alter the sketch to work for your own card.




paper - Carta Bella - Paris Girl
stamp - Lil Inker Designs
stitched circle die cut - Lil Inker Designs
heart die cuts - Lawn Fawn
brads - from stash
ink - Memento

Here are my measurements for Mojo Monday Sketch #409.


Thanks for visiting my blog today!

*Card sketch image used with permission.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you! I really like the card, colors, and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the video! It was really helpful and I loved the resulting card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tutorial. Thank you so much for sharing; now I know how to use a sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, and thanks for the video. Love the idea of putting the measurements on the sketch example.

    ReplyDelete