Friday, May 31, 2013

Silhouette farm

Since I don't enjoy coloring, I really like buying silhouette stamps. Today, I had a little bit of time to play with my newest silhouette stamp set from Sweet n Sassy stamps. I saw this sketch on Jan's blog recently and knew it would work perfectly with the farm image.


paper - My Mind's Eye - Cowboy
stamp - Sweet n Sassy Stamps
sentiment stamp - Hero Arts
brads - Recollections
Versafine ink

Here's a second silhouette card I had time to make today. And I will confess, I used a colored pencil to add the light around the lighthouse. It just needed the 'brightness' to match the sentiment.

paper - My Mind's Eye - Cowboy
stamp - Sweet n Sassy Stamps
sentiment - Lawn Fawn
border punch - EK Success
brads - Recollections
Versafine ink


Thanks for visiting my blog today!

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done Kristie! I think it's both inspirational and important that 'non-colorers' can see a great card like this and know that you don't have to ever color to make a terrific card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can use silhouettes so well. I look at them and draw a complete blank. Great use of blacks and greys, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a non colorer also but I like the idea of it! I'm going to look for some nice silhouette stamps next time I'm out. Colors are great.

    ReplyDelete