Saturday, May 4, 2013

National Scrapbook Day - OWH Style Challenges 1 & 2

Today is National Scrapbook Day! And while I do love scrapbooking, it's also a Virtual Card Making Party on OWH's Stars and Stamps blog. There will be 7 card challenge total over the weekend. And I love card challenges, so of course, I will be participating. (But in between challenges, I do plan to do a little scrapbooking, as well.)

The first challenge is by Our Daily Bread Design. Every month they will pay for 2 boxes of cards to be shipped to our heroes, if 50 people participate in the challenge. The May challenge is to make Miss You cards.

I added Glossy Accents to the star punches, but it's hard to see in the picture.
sketch - The Sweet Stop #178
paper - Carta Bella - Well Traveled
stamp - Technique Tuesday
ribbon - from stash
border punch - EK Success
star punch - Fiskars
Glossy Accents
Versafine ink

The second challenge is by Paula. Her challenge is to make a Kid's Card using a Sketch. I decided to use this cute birthday stamp set from Lawn Fawn and some googly eyes. I used this sketch.

And here's my card using the sketch.
paper - Carta Bella - Alphabet Junction
stamps - Lawn Fawn
googly eyes - from stash
Pearl Pen - Viva Decor
Versafine ink




8 comments:

  1. Both cards are cute but I really love the googly eyes on the cake - some child will be really thrilled to get that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two really nice cards Kristie! Your ODBD card is such a nice color combo and the papers make it a really nice masculine design. I just love the googly eyes on your cake...so cute and fun. Nice choice of papers and colors too... they make it good for a girl or boy. Thanks for joining in on my challenge for the VCMP today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. One thing that I noticed is that you do really excellent work, and I appreciate that. I love the missing you sentiment. I like stamps that look like they've been handwritten. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kristie! These are great cards (as usual for you!)! :) They are both so crisp and clean (I just love that style) and the color combinations are perfect together. I really like how you use embellishments and border punches - they add such a nice touch and complete your cards very nicely. Thank you for being involved and supporting OWH so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Googly Eyes!!!! Love it! Great colors for a kid's birthday. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the glossy accents! Great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are both so wonderful and whimsical! And how cool are those goggly eyes on the cake? I am SO going to CASE that idea for the cards I make for kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are fabulous. Love that black lace border on first card. Second card is adorable with the googly eyes - somebody is going to love getting these cards. ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete