Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Woodgrain Technique and Flutter by Wed. Sketch challenge

OWH's Tuesday Tutorial was how to make a wood grain background using an ink pad. It was actually very easy and I like how it came out.  I think next time I will try using a lighter color ink.

paper - Basic Grey - Archaic
stamps - Stampers Best
balloon die cuts - Lil' Inker Designs
twine - from stash
Versafine ink
card base - Int. Paper Accent Opaque Digital 100#

This week's Flutter By Wednesday challenge is a sketch. I can never turn down a sketch, and this one is so pretty and fun. I also added in the ribbon/brad technique that Sandy from OWH showed on the Stars and Stamps blog last week. 

paper - Echo Park - For the Record 2
stamp - Paper Smooches
ribbon - May Arts
brads - from stash
butterfly punch - Martha Stewart
border punch - Ek Success
oval die cuts - Spellbinders
Versafine ink
card base - Int. Paper Accent Opaque Digital 100#


5 comments:

  1. Love both your cards but really like what you did with my Flutter By Wednesday sketch! Fun colors! thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so pretty, Kristie. I especially love the take on the FBW sketch. Great colors and such a cool treatment with the ribbon. Thanks for playing along at Flutterby Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool!! Isn't that turtle so cute?? I love your go at the wood grain technique! I have a feeling that I'm going to be using this trick a lot! I love how yours turned out. That second card is a very cool layout, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your "wood grain" turned out...it looks like real patterned paper. Great job. Gotta go get me some large brads...your card turned out Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you tied the twill/ribbon. thanks for fluttering with us.

    ReplyDelete