Wednesday, February 13, 2013

MWT State Flag Color Card Challenge

This week's Midweek Throwdown on Operation Write Home's blog is to make a card using the color of your state flag. I live in Washington state and here's the flag.


I used mostly solid colored cardstock for my card with just a small square of patterned paper from Echo Park's Scoot line. Even though I used way more white on my card than is on the flag, I think it works.

paper - Echo Park - Scoot
chevron embossing folder - Cuttlebug
circle embossing folder - Quickutz
stamp - Hero Arts
star die cut - Spellbinders
brads - from stash
ribbon -May Arts
Versafine ink

10 comments:

  1. Totally works! Love the embossing, I think I need that chevron folder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card-- love the pop of blue from the brads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you have a blog now cool!

    Your card turned out really nice, I like all the elements and the white is perfect. I really like the Cuttlebug Chevron embossing, I might have to go shopping for that one =)

    Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would've freaked out with those colors but you rocked! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there in Washington, I loved your colors and the embossing on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everyone's creativeness - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black add a nice touch and I see you had 4 colors to play with...I'm jealous. Yes, I'm whining! Ha ha - just joking. The mixture of embossing you did is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an amazing job with the colors! I love the layout and the pop of blue from the brads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I love that chevron embossing folder and you did a terrific job with that Mojo Monday sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely done, Kristie. I've been wondering how a card could manage those colors. I like the textures you used.

    ReplyDelete